Have you ever taken one of those online weather-personality tests? They’re designed to reveal which season best fits your personality. No surprise for me—I always knew which season I liked best. Here are 10 great things about fall:
1. No air conditioning. Does anyone really enjoy air conditioning? Yes, we like escaping from hot, humid weather. But the feel of air conditioning does not compare to a fresh, fragrant autumn breeze.
2. Less laundry. Most summer days, I’m apt to change my sweaty clothes at least once a day, if I’ve taken a walk or done errands. Summer clothes usually can’t be worn twice. Wash loads are typically twice as large as in the cooler seasons.
3. Fall is the sweet spot for arthritis. Summer make my joints swell, , and winter makes them creaky. For some reason, arthritics get some pain relief and improved joint flexibility in the cool fall weather.
4. Better sleep. Well, of course you’re going to sleep better when you’re not tossing, turning and sweating it out on a hot night.
5. Hope is in the air. Fall is the time for new beginnings. Kids return to school, go off to college with high hopes for the future. Their optimism is catching. For seniors, there are new shows and concerts to see, and adult education classes to take.
6. Fall festivals are held nearly every weekend in your own or surrounding cities. Here in Indiana, the famous Parke County Covered Bridge festival in the middle of October draws thousands of visitors from all over the USA.
7. Homegrown tomatoes. Now is the time to enjoy the taste of red, ripe, homegrown tomatoes, which put the bland flavor hot house tomatoes to shame.
8.. Curling up with a hot beverage. What could be better than savoring a cup of hot tea, hot chocolate, or hot apple cider on a cold day.
9. You look better— summer’s heat and humidity frizzes your hair and opens your pores, giving your skin an oily shine. . Come fall, your skin looks smoother and hair is more manageable.
10. Fall foliage. Nothing compares to the spectacular show of autumn leaves.. Trees with every shade of orange, gold, and crimson create a dazzling display, especially against a clear blue sky.
Here’s hoping that you will enjoy an awesome fall!